When searching for a spine pain solution, the first, and perhaps most important, step is finding a spine surgeon. San Jose patients with back pain, can use any combination of the methods outlined in this article to help you find a spine surgeon that is right for you.
Finding a spine surgeon, or any doctor for that matter, may seem like daunting task, but it really is not. Information regarding a surgeon’s knowledge, skills, expertise, and experience is readily available. Here is how you find it:
- Ask around. Family, friends, and co-workers can be your go-to resource. Chances are high that one of them has had spine surgery or knows someone who has been treated by a San Jose doctor. By discussing their experience and outcome, and asking if they would recommend the surgeon who treated them, you can learn if their surgeon might be right for you.
- Use local outpatient physical therapy clinics. An often overlooked but invaluable resource is local outpatient physical therapy clinics. Because these clinics see a countless number of patients after spine surgery, they know which San Jose spine surgeons have the best outcomes, and more importantly, which ones do not.
- Use the internet. Most orthopedic surgeons have a bio on their website or reviews posted online. In their bio, you can learn where the surgeon did their residency and fellowship(s), which will give you information regarding their specialties. Also, look to see if the surgeon has any professional certifications, published research articles, and/or awards, as these provide you with great information about the surgeon’s skills and experience.
Once you have done your research and found a surgeon, your job is not over-do not make your final decision before going to your appointment.
- Before your appointment, read up about your condition and make a detailed list of questions and concerns.
- At your appointment, ask the surgeon your questions and state your concerns.
- After your appointment, evaluate the surgeon.
If the surgeon was thorough and honest throughout the appointment, you found a good one and can look forward to treatment with neither anxiety nor stress. Regardless of your condition, a good spine surgeon will have a treatment solution specifically for you.
In order to learn more about our favorite San Jose spine surgeon, Dr. Edward Rustamzadeh, please visit his bio page. Or, if you are ready to make an appointment, you can do so here.